Tuesday, August 28, 2007

After All These Years, Still An Empty Lot





Kona and the ice skating rink near it were torn down in order to build a Kohl's Department store. Years later the area still remains a empty lot. There are several stories as to why construction was never finished but I don't know the definite answer; I welcome your comments.
Here are some pictures of the former site of Kona Lanes as it is today.


































If you remember Kona Lanes, you will probably remember "Noise Noise Noise", the independant record store across the street. This is what it looks like now:

Yes! Just what Costa Mesa needs! More Nail & Spa Salons!

1 comment:

Dreamwarden said...

Kona Lanes was cool. When Trish brought me there for the first time, I never thought I'd come back, but its been YEARS since then, and I am now amongst the ranks of the veterans who remember the 'good old days.' In that time, you've barely changed!!!